Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33200
View in linear mode

Subject: "Strange noise in back of car" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadFeb-14-11 07:54 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33200, "Strange noise in back of car"

I decided to go on a nice drive with my wife tonight and I've officially gotten worried about this sound coming from the rear of my car. The driver's side rear seems to get some kind of buffeting sound. It used to be at 40 to 47 mph, but only sometimes. The sound would come and go. The best way to explane it is a pulsating sound, similar to a cupped tire. I know that wheel bearings usually squeal or grind when they go bad, but my car has always refused to go with the usual symptoms to let me know there's a problem. My tires have been replaced, so it's not that, as the sound started before changing out my rear tires. Tonight the sound came and went from 40 to 60 mph, and slightly louder this time. I have a very bad feeling that it's my wheel bearing, but everyone I talked to says otherwise. My bad feelings are usually right (probably because I've had my car for so long and know every 'normal' noise). Is this a bad/loose bearing or something else?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Strange noise in back of car [View all] , electrohead, Feb-14-11 07:54 PM
  RE: Strange noise in back of car, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-14-11 08:59 PM, #1
RE: Strange noise in back of car, electrohead, Feb-14-11 09:26 PM, #2
      RE: Strange noise in back of car, eclipserstturbo, Feb-15-11 10:48 PM, #3
           RE: Strange noise in back of car, electrohead, Feb-16-11 11:21 PM, #4
                RE: Strange noise in back of car, eclipserstturbo, Feb-19-11 10:05 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33200 Previous topic | Next topic