Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33200
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Strange noise in back of car" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadFeb-14-11 09:26 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33202, "RE: Strange noise in back of car"
In response to In response to 1

Tread is perfect. I think total miles on my tires are 5k. Tires are Continental DWS (235/45/17s). My suspension components, I believe, are 4 or 5 years old dealer direct replacements. Being that my hub assemblies in the rear of my car came from Advance and have been on my car for 5 and a half years and survived a couple of near wreck experiences ( hitting a wood block that fell off a truck at 80 mph, getting airborn; and a spin out in the rain at 55 mph (6 spins on the highway and going off road for another 2 spins in the grass), I think it's a good possibility it might be my hub assenblies. Not too sure. I still have drums in the back (I know, they suck) and checked all the hardware and it's all good. I had a shop take a look at my rear as well. Unfortunately, the guy that looked at it was a part-time employee and full-time retard. He changed my timing belt since I have no place to do it right now and broke my outer timing cover and cracked the inside one (the shop is looking for new timing covers for me)... Just wondering if a bearing can come loose and occasionally make a cupped tire kind of howling.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Strange noise in back of car [View all] , electrohead, Feb-14-11 07:54 PM
  RE: Strange noise in back of car, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-14-11 08:59 PM, #1
RE: Strange noise in back of car, electrohead, Feb-14-11 09:26 PM #2
      RE: Strange noise in back of car, eclipserstturbo, Feb-15-11 10:48 PM, #3
           RE: Strange noise in back of car, electrohead, Feb-16-11 11:21 PM, #4
                RE: Strange noise in back of car, eclipserstturbo, Feb-19-11 10:05 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33200 Previous topic | Next topic