Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31034
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stuck Brake Rotors" Previous topic | Next topic
2G_DadJan-26-08 07:27 AM
Member since Aug 13th 2007
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31034, "Stuck Brake Rotors"

Just wanted to give some feedback on this while it's fresh in my mind. Son needed new brakes on his 97 RS. We got some nice slotted Brembos and GS6 ceramic pads from Tirerack. Original rotors were rusted on hubs. Searched for easy removal methods and came up with some directions from vfaq. credited to Ian Jordan and the Talon Digest Archives.

The trick involves removing calipers and putting bolts through the mounting holes, with nuts between the rotor and caliper mounts. Tighten the bolts while holding the nuts and the rotors are easily pushed away from the hub. While torches and sledgehammers may sound like fun, I decided to make a quick trip to the hardware store instead. The method worked exactly as described and was incredibly fast and easy. Unless your rotors practically fall off the hubs when you remove your calipers, I would highly recommend this no sweat method for removing stuck (rusted on) rotors. Have fun.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Stuck Brake Rotors [View all] , 2G_Dad, Jan-26-08 07:27 AM
  RE: Stuck Brake Rotors, mcgyvr, Jan-29-08 06:35 AM, #1
RE: Stuck Brake Rotors, 2G_Dad, Jan-29-08 02:08 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31034 Previous topic | Next topic