Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectStuck Brake Rotors
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31034&mesg_id=31034
31034, Stuck Brake Rotors
Posted by 2G_Dad, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just wanted to give some feedback on this while it's fresh in my mind. Son needed new brakes on his 97 RS. We got some nice slotted Brembos and GS6 ceramic pads from Tirerack. Original rotors were rusted on hubs. Searched for easy removal methods and came up with some directions from vfaq. credited to Ian Jordan and the Talon Digest Archives.

The trick involves removing calipers and putting bolts through the mounting holes, with nuts between the rotor and caliper mounts. Tighten the bolts while holding the nuts and the rotors are easily pushed away from the hub. While torches and sledgehammers may sound like fun, I decided to make a quick trip to the hardware store instead. The method worked exactly as described and was incredibly fast and easy. Unless your rotors practically fall off the hubs when you remove your calipers, I would highly recommend this no sweat method for removing stuck (rusted on) rotors. Have fun.
I generated this page in 0.0097730159759521 seconds, executing 6 queries.