Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30099
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: Wheel Hub Adapter [help]" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeJan-29-07 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30108, "RE: Wheel Hub Adapter "
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
As long as the adapter fits the hub as designed then ther should be a problem. I ran no rings in my hubs for 3 years and never had an issue but then again I tighten my lugs. The adapter CAN work its just a question of how thick the adapter will be and now strong. I have never used one but to design one for myself, i would expect to have to alter the stock lugs and use a very strong material. Not sure if billet aluminum would be the right choice. Magnesium would be nice but price would become an issue. Terry

Thats true. But since our cars use hubcentric hubs and wheels if he just buys some off the shelf cast spacers or adpators then it places the entire weight of the car on the lugnuts themselves whereas our cars were designed to have the weight of the car suppported on the hub itself and the lugnuts only job is to hold the wheel in place. They do make hubcentric spacers but they are milled and very precise so as to replicate the inner wheel "race" on the hub body.
It would scare me to have spacers and hit a pothole, but thats just me!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Wheel Hub Adapter [View all] , xxataxx, Jan-28-07 07:32 PM
  RE: Wheel Hub Adapter , AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-29-07 12:57 AM, #1
RE: Wheel Hub Adapter , WickedESi, Jan-29-07 08:24 AM, #2
RE: Wheel Hub Adapter , djtrickee, Jan-29-07 08:25 AM, #3
RE: Wheel Hub Adapter , AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-29-07 08:37 AM, #4
RE: Wheel Hub Adapter , djtrickee, Jan-29-07 09:09 AM #5
RE: Wheel Hub Adapter , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-26-07 08:13 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30099 Previous topic | Next topic