Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29840
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: how to not lower my car and stiffen the suspension?" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Oct-09-06 04:57 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29841, "RE: how to not lower my car and stiffen the suspension?"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by darkclark
I am very performance oriented. I have a 98 rs and I am wondering what would be the stiffest suspension that I could purchase? I dont want to drop my car, I want to keep it at stock height or even raise it. I would like it to be adjustable so I could raise or lower it, but I dont want the highest setting to be stock height. Does anyone make a product like this at a reasonable price? I don't want to spend too much, but will if I have too (this is the best I could do with that sentence man). I also plan on installing front and rear strut tower bars and sway bars, but I would like some information on shocks and springs. Thanks

No, thats the simplest answer to that. If you want a strong performing suspension, one that will actually perform on the track, and raise and lower your suspension as well, you're going to need a set of coil-overs. The nice thing about coil-overs is that the spring and shock come as a package, so you don't have to spend extra money to buy the shocks. The problem is that you are now looking down the barrel of $1000-$1200 for a set, prices vary, but this is about norm. You could purchase something like what Ground Control offers for $300, the type that slips over a shock and is held in place with set screws, but that will not do on the track. Your best bet is either biting the bullet and spend $1000 or so on a proper coil-over, or getting a set of good shocks (most like the Tokico Illuminas) and keeping stock springs. You may consider calling Eibach or someone to find out if they make an aftermarket stock spring, or can custom make one, but they'll ask you for specifications and you are not ready to answer that question. If you are serious about this I would highly urge you to look into lower control arm braces, front and rear, and something like the upper control arm brace Nuespeed offered for us some years back, in addition to your tower braces. Good luck.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

how to not lower my car and stiffen the suspension? [View all] , darkclark, Oct-08-06 06:29 PM
  RE: how to not lower my car and stiffen the suspension?, Keith2172, Oct-09-06 04:57 AM #1
RE:i guess i wasnt clear with my question, darkclark, Oct-09-06 05:36 AM, #2
      RE:i guess i wasnt clear with my question, mcgyvr, Oct-09-06 06:23 AM, #3
           RE:i guess i wasnt clear with my question, darkclark, Oct-09-06 07:44 AM, #4
                RE:i guess i wasnt clear with my question, Keith2172, Oct-09-06 01:31 PM, #5
                     RE:i guess i wasnt clear with my question, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-09-06 10:13 PM, #6
                          RE:i guess i wasnt clear with my question, Keith2172, Oct-10-06 04:45 AM, #7
                               RE:ok i give up, darkclark, Oct-11-06 09:03 AM, #8
                                    RE:ok i give up, TeamDR1665, Oct-11-06 10:41 AM, #9
                                         RE:ok i give up, BumpinTalon, Oct-15-06 02:34 PM, #10
                                              RE:ok i give up, HadesOmega, Dec-30-06 05:26 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29840 Previous topic | Next topic