Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28261
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tire rub or cv joint?" Previous topic | Next topic
zags13Nov-02-05 10:11 AM
Member since Feb 04th 2005
53 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28261, "Tire rub or cv joint?"

A while back i was making a right turn and understeered into a curb. i wasnt going that fast, i lost it on some lose gravel, and hit the curb pretty much head on, but the wheel was turned slightly to the right when i hit. i bent the hell out of the lower rear control arm on the driver side, so i got that replaced and then got an allignment. (also, my car is lowered with eibach sportlines and kyb gr2 shocks.) a few weeks later, any time i make a hard right turn going slow, there is a high pitched shreak and it sounds like a grinding sound. i thought i tore the boot when i hit the curb, but the guys who replaced the control arm said it was just my suspension sagging a little bit, and the wheel was rubbing. well, a few weeks ago i tried pulling out the axle on the driver side to replace it, and saw that both boots looked fine, while the tires are worn more on the inside than the outside. is it possible to have a problem with the cv joint or the axle itself without any noticable damage? do i have rubbing issues? or is it a combination of both?

thanks in advance

-Chris

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tire rub or cv joint? [View all] , zags13, Nov-02-05 10:11 AM
  RE: Tire rub or cv joint?, RickyMeeses, Nov-04-05 12:54 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28261 Previous topic | Next topic