Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectPepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=28091
28091, Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I take my car to get aligned yesterday.. Car gets put on the rack. Guy there can only adjust the Toe, because he does not know how to adjust the camber with my car and does not know how to put the kit on. Strait off the bat, if you cant adjust it or do it.. Don't fucking touch it. They told me they could do it so they started fiddling at it. Toe is adjusted and he says well I don't know how to put this camber kit on, and I have alot of other cars to finish before we close. So I am like fine thinking it will be ok I will bring it back later and they will fix the rest.. Ok so tonight I am driving on some bumpy roads and here a clank.. im like hmm new exhaust must have bottomed out.. clunk clunk.. Ok either i hit a piece of metal or something just fell off my car.. I keep driving, then I'm like these roads are to bumpy time to re adjust the suspension. So I am under the hood what to I fine.. the piston from the struts on both sides are like this / \ pointed on an angle... look a little closer and on the drivers side the rubber mounting gasket and washer and bolt are not there.. Explains it thats what fell off the car. Now the big question is.. Could this improper alignment have caused induced stress on the suspension causing this to just fall apart like this. Un-fucking believeable.
28092, RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
um no...sounds like he loosened it up and didnt tighten it down.
28093, RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Loosened what? He didnt go under the hood. But the car was perfectly find until they touched it. Now the shaft on my strut is sitting 3 inchs past the mounting plate.
28098, RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was going in the direction that he loosened the nut on top thinking it would remove the upper control arm or who knows what he thought. Apparently they are not too sharp because our suspension is very basic.

either way you need to buy another set of bushings, there is no way you will be able to argue it their fault, they will just deny it.

Terry
28105, RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sounds like it was a suspension install error. pics would help alot.
I generated this page in 0.0078949928283691 seconds, executing 7 queries.