Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27424
View in linear mode

Subject: "Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Jun-29-05 05:35 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27424, "Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?"

Ok, been thinking about this a little bit. I remember hearing that an Avengers coil springs will work on an Eclipse, but due to the increased weight of the Avenger the springs lift the Eclipse. Eibah lists a Prokit for the Avenger at, I believe, 1.8in drop front and rear, where as the Prokits for an Eclipse are 1.2F;1.4R and the Sportlines are 2.0 front and rear (am I right) and the springs for the Avenger are listed with a different part# than the Eclipse springs. Now the question, if one were to take the Avenger Prokit and put it on an Eclipse, would he/she achieve approx. the same drop as an Eclipse's Prokit but with stiffer springs? Would this be beneficial for the handling of the car or would it have a negative effect? Thought's? Experiences? Flames? All welcome (except the flames)

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates? [View all] , Keith2172, Jun-29-05 05:35 AM
  RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-29-05 05:39 AM, #1
RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, mcgyvr, Jun-29-05 06:13 AM, #2
      RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, CarbonFiberRST, Jun-29-05 06:59 AM, #3
           RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-29-05 07:04 AM, #4
                RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, Keith2172, Jun-29-05 08:39 AM, #5
                     RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, BumpinTalon, Jun-30-05 04:12 AM, #6
                          RE: Avenger Springs on Eclipse, anyone know spring rates?, Keith2172, Jun-30-05 04:34 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27424 Previous topic | Next topic