Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26659
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES." Previous topic | Next topic
rhuiApr-09-05 09:25 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2002
262 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26811, "RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by Patroklai
About 1.5 years ago I lowered my car with H&R STAGE 3 RACE SPRING "2 drop in front and "1.7~"1.8 drop in the rear. I installed my ingalls camber correction kit in the fronts and rear. Ever since, my car has never been able to go straight, not even after alignment. my upper control arm rubs with the inner fender chasis and we had to grind a couple of inches off the ball joint metal area to make it fit. has anyone had this much problems when loweing their eclipse? its a 1997 RS with "17 in rims on 225/45/17 tires.

I've heard of ppl who install the ball-join camber kit or the anchor bolt camber kit, it changes the height of the uppercontrol arm.

It is known that after installing the camber kit, your ball joint will rub the inner fender on hard turns, depending on the lowered height of yer car... obviously, the lower your car the more it will rub.

As for not going straight... well... thats alignment... unless it feels like a 'pull'. then sometihng not straight.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES. [View all] , Patroklai, Mar-24-05 07:59 AM
  RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., mcgyvr, Mar-25-05 02:56 AM, #1
RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., Blizare, Mar-25-05 03:24 PM, #2
RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., rhui, Apr-09-05 09:25 AM #3
RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., UpToSpeed, Apr-18-05 05:37 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26659 Previous topic | Next topic