Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26659
View in linear mode

Subject: "CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES." Previous topic | Next topic
PatroklaiMar-24-05 07:59 AM
Member since Feb 03rd 2003
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26659, "CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."

About 1.5 years ago I lowered my car with H&R STAGE 3 RACE SPRING "2 drop in front and "1.7~"1.8 drop in the rear.
I installed my ingalls camber correction kit in the fronts and rear.

Ever since, my car has never been able to go straight, not even after alignment.

my upper control arm rubs with the inner fender chasis and we had to grind a couple of inches off the ball joint metal area to make it fit.

has anyone had this much problems when loweing their eclipse?
its a 1997 RS with "17 in rims on 225/45/17 tires.

NOW:

i'm now rebuilding the upper/lower control arms "joints" for both sides, and also 2 more (one on each side) that goes paralel to the lower arm but comes in before it.

any input you guys have would be real helpfull, i also lost a good KONI yellow shock in the process as the boldt that holds the left lower control arm came loose thankfully not hurting the CV joint but somehow flexing something bad enough for it to reach the shock and damage it.

anything you can do to help i'd appreciate it.

later.

Looking to buy 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrMar-25-05 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26666, "RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."
In response to Reply # 0

was there a question in there?
IMO your car is not aligned correctly.
if it was there wouldnt be a problem.

do you actually have an alignment sheet showing the specs before and after alignment.

basically if its aligned correctly you would be able to go straight.

sounds like something may be bent. like control arms or whatever. IMO dont rebuild anything, buy new parts and hope you replace the bent ones

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareMar-25-05 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#26667, "RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by mcgyvr
basically if its aligned correctly you would be able to go straight. sounds like something may be bent.

thats it.

if it's aligned right it WILL go strait. Toe/castor/camber all play different rols and if something s out of whack, it should showup on your printout they give you after telling you what is "in spec" for each and what you car is set at.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

rhuiApr-09-05 09:25 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2002
262 posts,
#26811, "RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Patroklai
About 1.5 years ago I lowered my car with H&R STAGE 3 RACE SPRING "2 drop in front and "1.7~"1.8 drop in the rear. I installed my ingalls camber correction kit in the fronts and rear. Ever since, my car has never been able to go straight, not even after alignment. my upper control arm rubs with the inner fender chasis and we had to grind a couple of inches off the ball joint metal area to make it fit. has anyone had this much problems when loweing their eclipse? its a 1997 RS with "17 in rims on 225/45/17 tires.

I've heard of ppl who install the ball-join camber kit or the anchor bolt camber kit, it changes the height of the uppercontrol arm.

It is known that after installing the camber kit, your ball joint will rub the inner fender on hard turns, depending on the lowered height of yer car... obviously, the lower your car the more it will rub.

As for not going straight... well... thats alignment... unless it feels like a 'pull'. then sometihng not straight.

UpToSpeedApr-18-05 05:37 PM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
103 posts,
#26953, "RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-18-05 05:39 PM by UpToSpeed

Originally posted by Patroklai
I've heard of ppl who install the ball-join camber kit or the anchor bolt camber kit, it changes the height of the uppercontrol arm. It is known that after installing the camber kit, your ball joint will rub the inner fender on hard turns, depending on the lowered height of yer car... obviously, the lower your car the more it will rub. As for not going straight... well... thats alignment... unless it feels like a 'pull'. then sometihng not straight.

Actually, I had sort of this problem, I have a set of Tein SS Coilovers on my car and they are dropped pretty far down. I got the Ingalls Extreme kit and I was having serious rubbing problems... I took it back to the alignment shop and they ended up reversing the camber kit... I KNOW I put those things on according to the manual but they ended up turning them around... They said there was more clearance that way and it got rid of all the rubbing as well ... works for me! Alignment is dead on now too...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26659 Previous topic | Next topic