Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26455
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: need some input- autox related" Previous topic | Next topic
injendsmMar-02-05 06:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26460, "RE: need some input- autox related"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse
I autox mine regularly. My current setup is Tokiko illum's sprint sport springs suspension tech sway's - front set to middle neuspeed front upper strut bar no name front lower strut bar no name front upper strut bar no name rear lower strut bar no name rear upper strut bar Car drives pretty neutral in the dry with competion (v700's) tires, but in the wet I get understeer. I have tried quite a few adjustments and found that a bit softer up front seems to work the best for me. As for tires the 711 will disappoint you, get either the MX or the 712 in the kuhmo line. The 712 is a good all around tire, where the MX will def hold better in the dry but fail more in the wet. Also the MX will last you about 1/2 as long. For a great auto x tire other than kuhmo, get the falken azenis. Best bang for the buck and you can drive them every day. I have personally seen these in action on cars from corvettes to honda civics at over 25 events and they really do well. I would say mabey 15% better tire in wet and dry than the kuhmo MX or the 712. Again with this tire it will only last you like 25000 miles if your lucky. They do cost a bit more money mabye 7-10 dollars more than the kuhmo's. Since you have an RS for sure you will want to get rear disk conversion. It will help you more than you would think. Paint job protection is good to think about, get some athletic tape and cover the front left and right side of you bumper to prevent cone rash on your car...god knows I wish I would have known this trick.... One more bit of advice. Get there as EARLY as you can and ride with as many cars as you can. It will make or break you. Good luck and welcome to the world of auto x!

thanks for the good insight. do the lower strut bars really help out a decent amount? im guessin you got them off ebay since you listed them as no name bars. also, since you have illumina shocks, what settings do you put them at for autox? as far as rear discs are concerned, i will be putting that on after some more performance parts go on.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

need some input- autox related [View all] , injendsm, Mar-02-05 05:57 AM
  RE: need some input- autox related, WIDECLIPSE, Mar-02-05 06:12 AM, #1
RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-02-05 07:20 AM, #2
      RE: need some input- autox related, Silv Blt, Mar-02-05 09:49 AM, #3
           RE: need some input- autox related, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-02-05 12:47 PM, #4
                RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-02-05 06:52 PM #5
                     RE: need some input- autox related, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-02-05 08:26 PM, #6
                          RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-03-05 07:58 AM, #7
                               RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-03-05 09:20 AM, #8
                                    RE: need some input- autox related, Moderatorjuan, Mar-03-05 06:50 PM, #9
                                         RE: need some input- autox related, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-03-05 08:18 PM, #10
                                         RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-04-05 07:54 AM, #12
                                              RE: need some input- autox related, 420a-Tnthewerks, Mar-06-05 12:27 PM, #13
                                                   RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-06-05 01:28 PM, #14
                                         RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-04-05 07:51 AM, #11
                                              RE: need some input- autox related, Moderator992gnt, Mar-10-05 04:31 AM, #15
                                                   RE: need some input- autox related, TeamDR1665, Mar-10-05 02:33 PM, #16
                                                   RE: need some input- autox related, madhatter210, Mar-10-05 03:48 PM, #17
                                                   RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-11-05 09:14 AM, #19
                                                   RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-11-05 09:12 AM, #18
                                                        RE: need some input- autox related, turbo8u, Mar-11-05 10:30 AM, #20
                                                             RE: need some input- autox related, injendsm, Mar-11-05 02:34 PM, #21
                                                                  RE: need some input- autox related, TeamDR1665, Mar-11-05 07:50 PM, #22
                                                                       RE: need some input- autox related, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-15-05 04:39 PM, #23

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26455 Previous topic | Next topic