Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26415
View in linear mode

Subject: "cross drilled rotor/pads question" Previous topic | Next topic
ajcfalconFeb-20-05 03:21 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26415, "cross drilled rotor/pads question"

I did a search and didnt come up with anything... perhaps i couldnt find the right key words so forgive me if this has been discussed.

Anyways, i have had power stop rotors for about a year now and i have used semi-metalic pads(mainly because they were cheap) but they squeel on hot days.

So, i replaced my pads yesterday with some ceramic pads... i test drove it and it stopped perfectly with no squeel and great stopping power.

Then, i was reading my new summit magazine and underneath the power-stop cross drilled rotors it says "must use metalic or semi-metalic pads"...

Well.. fuck because i just spent $60.00 on reybestos ceramic pads and i cant return them because i have anti-squeel agent on them.

The question is: Will i be ok with these for now? why do they say metalic pads only? what will happen if i continue to drive with the ceramic pads?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

cross drilled rotor/pads question [View all] , ajcfalcon, Feb-20-05 03:21 PM
  RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question, siueclipse, Feb-20-05 06:23 PM, #1
RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question, Pitchblack98, Feb-21-05 06:55 AM, #2
      RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question, BuckNutty, Feb-21-05 12:21 PM, #3
           RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question, thedawg, Feb-24-05 07:23 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26415 Previous topic | Next topic