Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectcross drilled rotor/pads question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26415
26415, cross drilled rotor/pads question
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did a search and didnt come up with anything... perhaps i couldnt find the right key words so forgive me if this has been discussed.

Anyways, i have had power stop rotors for about a year now and i have used semi-metalic pads(mainly because they were cheap) but they squeel on hot days.

So, i replaced my pads yesterday with some ceramic pads... i test drove it and it stopped perfectly with no squeel and great stopping power.

Then, i was reading my new summit magazine and underneath the power-stop cross drilled rotors it says "must use metalic or semi-metalic pads"...

Well.. fuck because i just spent $60.00 on reybestos ceramic pads and i cant return them because i have anti-squeel agent on them.

The question is: Will i be ok with these for now? why do they say metalic pads only? what will happen if i continue to drive with the ceramic pads?

Thanks for any help you can give me
26416, RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you could end up warping the rotors. its not a big deal. if the rotors start squealing then just get them turned. no big deal.
26420, RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im running ceramic pads on my cross drilled and slotted rotors. They have been on for about a year now and Ive had no problems at all.
26424, RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think the only real big deal is that the ceramic pads won't hold up as well as the metallic ones. They will most likely deteriorate quicker due to the surface of the rotor being rigid.
26437, RE: cross drilled rotor/pads question
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, my organic pads evaporate within 15k miles on my AEM slotted rotors.
I generated this page in 0.010052919387817 seconds, executing 7 queries.