Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26325
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: more [b]BANME![/b] lowering Q's" Previous topic | Next topic
madhatter210Feb-21-05 03:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26419, "RE: more BANME! lowering Q's"
In response to In response to 3
Feb-21-05 03:58 AM by madhatter210

Originally posted by cyan
you don't really have to bother with the compressors. i've taken my suspension out and put it back in over a dozen times and never used one...just aim the top of the strut at the ground as you unscrew the top nut so that if it shoots off it wont damage anything. mine has never shot off though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that is the dumbest advise I think I ever read to give someone who has never done it before.

Just buy some spring compressors like bucknutty said there like 15 bucks I think I paid 20 or something like that but what ever , the stock springs have alot of tension you don't want pushing on the plate when you hit the last thread. And its easy to drop it yourself, I dropped 1.5 inches with coilovers and springs and didn't put the camber kit on right away, but the stance looked gay from behind so I put it on. / \ <--- thats what my tires looked like and would have worn fast. It took me about an hour and no air tools. You will also need to cut down your bump stops to make up for the shorter spring. (They are the rubber stoppers on the shock piston) I split mine in half. I used new tokico blues and added a washer to aid in keeping the shaft below the the old stop bushing see pic .
another hint ...wd-40 everything the day before you want to take everything apart it made for an easy time and little effort to break everything loose.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

more BANME! lowering Q's [View all] , HeyG, Feb-04-05 03:53 AM
  RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, GorkoRacing, Feb-04-05 05:19 AM, #1
RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, Blizare, Feb-07-05 03:53 AM, #2
RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, cyan, Feb-11-05 05:28 PM, #3
      RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-11-05 06:54 PM, #4
      RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, BuckNutty, Feb-13-05 07:36 AM, #5
           RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-20-05 09:39 PM, #6
      RE: more BANME! lowering Q's, madhatter210, Feb-21-05 03:55 AM #7