Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25062
View in linear mode

Subject: "sliiight squeaking sound coming off of a control arm bushing..." Previous topic | Next topic
GhEttOrAiDAug-28-04 06:30 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25062, "sliiight squeaking sound coming off of a control arm bushing..."

I'm having some (major) issues with suspension and driveline, basically when I'm rolling on the street in neutral not accelerating turning or braking I'll get a loud slapping noise. Gets faster with wheel speed (not engine rpms) Sounds similar to a loose wheel/lug nut, but thats definitely not whats going on here.

Camber is much straighter than the passenger side..
when the car is on the ground, you push/pull the wheel in/out you can hear a slight creaking noise

I finally got my car towed home (after letting pep boys have a look around... decided they didnt want to touch it.. but said I had a few other issues including leaky output shaft seal... hooray... but that my cv joints look okay)

this has happened before, a crappy shop actually fixed the problem for me and said it was some kind of "camber arm"... happened over a year ago so I dont recall what exactly they said or did.

ANYWAY. Now I have the car home, just poking around until Monday. I've removed the wheel, put some load back on the suspension... I notice a very slight squeaking sound in the circled bushing... at least this is where I believe the sound is coming from...

Should also note that the upper ball joint(?) (thing in the center at the tip of the a arm) looks a little mangled, as if it has hit the inner fender once or twice.

not my picture:

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

sliiight squeaking sound coming off of a control arm bushing... [View all] , GhEttOrAiD, Aug-28-04 06:30 PM
  RE: sliiight squeaking sound coming off of a control arm bushing..., GhEttOrAiD, Aug-28-04 06:54 PM, #1
RE: sliiight squeaking sound coming off of a control arm bushing..., GhEttOrAiD, Aug-28-04 07:43 PM, #2
RE: sliiight squeaking sound coming off of a control arm bushing..., GhEttOrAiD, Aug-30-04 05:26 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25062 Previous topic | Next topic