Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23331
View in linear mode

Subject: "steering issue (little long)" Previous topic | Next topic
CaribenoApr-03-04 06:58 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2002
123 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23331, "steering issue (little long)"

Hey guys and gals, have a steering issue i've been wrestling with for a bit and thought someone here might be able to shed some light on the issue. Also i did an extensive search on the board before posting.

When I am driving down the road at any speed I feel through my steering wheel the car pulling to one side then the other. Very similar to when you hit a puddle on one side and the car kinda pulls that way. Whenever I'm on the roade and there is a slight groove in the road the car will pull that way. It will pull left or right, it's not picky. When going over real bumpy roads the wheel shakes in my hand, if there is a decent bump the steering wheel wants to jerk out of my hands. When i put the car on jackstand and bring it down the issue lessons. There is no looseness in the steering although i've notice that sometimes the steering wheel is straight with the wheels and at other times a bit off. Performed the test where one side of the car is up the other down, no play in the steering. no leaks or low fluids. Belts are new and not too tight or loose. Steering is very light, not hard. The inner and outer tie rods are ok, no broken boots. Also feels like i turn the wheel more to get the tires to turn if that makes any sense. The car has about 85k on it.

The car is lowered, has a camber kit, was aligned. Once the issue started, i replaced the tires, had them balanced, replaced the lower balljoints, front struts, made sure everything was secure nothing broken or loose. Still the issue continues. Tues I am getting the wheels realigned to see if maybe it got out of wack.

Anyone at all come across this issue or have some way of testing other things to pinpoint the issue? Any suggestions will be appreciated. If the allignment doesn't do the trick i will most likely replace the rack.

thanks in advance
Carmelo
97 Talon
Texas

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

steering issue (little long) [View all] , Caribeno, Apr-03-04 06:58 PM
  RE: steering issue (little long), Clay, Apr-04-04 07:36 PM, #1
RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, Apr-05-04 04:41 AM, #2
      RE: steering issue (little long), mcgyvr, Apr-05-04 06:28 AM, #3
           RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, Apr-05-04 11:21 AM, #4
                RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-22-04 07:58 PM, #5
                     RE: steering issue (little long), BuckNutty, May-22-04 09:05 PM, #6
                          RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-23-04 04:38 AM, #7
                               RE: steering issue (little long), AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-23-04 05:16 PM, #8
                                    RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-23-04 07:22 PM, #9
                                         RE: steering issue (little long), BuckNutty, May-23-04 08:27 PM, #10
                                              RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-24-04 04:54 AM, #11
                                                   RE: steering issue (little long), BuckNutty, May-24-04 05:42 AM, #12
                                                   RE: steering issue (little long), WickedESi, May-24-04 07:26 AM, #13
                                                        RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-24-04 08:27 AM, #14
                                                             RE: steering issue (little long), WickedESi, May-24-04 09:14 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-24-04 01:48 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: steering issue (little long), Mannyyy, May-24-04 04:18 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: steering issue (little long), Caribeno, May-24-04 07:24 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: steering issue (little long), BuckNutty, May-24-04 09:00 PM, #19

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23331 Previous topic | Next topic