Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23126
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-24-04 02:15 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23181, "RE: 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?"
In response to In response to 0

To my knowledge they will not fit. The 1st gens had the parking brake assy in the caliper itself. Not only is this different than our but it is also a problem. When you try to spin the piston into the caliper to change out your brake pads the piston has a tendancy to freeze or bind. This is why the manufacturers changed the design around 1993 domestic and 1995 mitsu. the rotors will not fit because of this and i am not sure about the caliper mounting.

So a quick answer is NO.

Best advise if you can find the parts cheap...buy the parking brake assy and buy a set of wildwood calipers from Summit for 117.00 each and make an adapter plate like the big brake kit uses. I have seen people trying to sell the wildwood kit for 600.00 used which is a joke. the dual piston calipers are 117.00 new, buy a vr4 rotor and have the adapter plates made if you cant yourself.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion - Niche 17" chrome shoks - Stillen front and rear sway bars - Koni yellows wrapped with eibach - Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - Tenzo-R seats/4 pt harness - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 355 neon tranny, stage 2 MIBA clutch, Power doors, 450 Turbo injectors, Adj Fuel reg/return line, Backseat eliminator kit(my design), GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

1st Gen rear disc brakes fit? [View all] , ultimar, Mar-21-04 05:47 PM
  RE: 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-24-04 02:15 AM #1
RE: 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?, ultimar, Mar-24-04 05:00 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23126 Previous topic | Next topic