Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subject1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=23126
23126, 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?
Posted by ultimar, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bunch of 1st gens at the local junkyard...wondering if the 1st gen rear disc brakes will fit a 98 RS?
23181, RE: 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
To my knowledge they will not fit. The 1st gens had the parking brake assy in the caliper itself. Not only is this different than our but it is also a problem. When you try to spin the piston into the caliper to change out your brake pads the piston has a tendancy to freeze or bind. This is why the manufacturers changed the design around 1993 domestic and 1995 mitsu. the rotors will not fit because of this and i am not sure about the caliper mounting.

So a quick answer is NO.

Best advise if you can find the parts cheap...buy the parking brake assy and buy a set of wildwood calipers from Summit for 117.00 each and make an adapter plate like the big brake kit uses. I have seen people trying to sell the wildwood kit for 600.00 used which is a joke. the dual piston calipers are 117.00 new, buy a vr4 rotor and have the adapter plates made if you cant yourself.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion - Niche 17" chrome shoks - Stillen front and rear sway bars - Koni yellows wrapped with eibach - Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - Tenzo-R seats/4 pt harness - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 355 neon tranny, stage 2 MIBA clutch, Power doors, 450 Turbo injectors, Adj Fuel reg/return line, Backseat eliminator kit(my design), GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
23210, RE: 1st Gen rear disc brakes fit?
Posted by ultimar, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks man!
I generated this page in 0.017805099487305 seconds, executing 7 queries.