Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21210
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your opinions on this guy's write up." Previous topic | Next topic
96EclipsedNov-23-03 05:58 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21210, "Your opinions on this guy's write up."
Nov-23-03 05:58 PM by 96Eclipsed

The other day I was looking for car stero stuff and came across sounddomain.com.

I noticed they sell performance stuff so I looked around and found a rear strut brace for $33. I checked out the user review and saw this:

"You know.??/
its
Not easy to get better handeling for the rear for this cheap,
theres not a huge improvment but, there is a bit less body flex, to the trained eye, and
with proper knowledge,
you can ever so slightly adjust the CAMBER with this kit,
either negitve or positve,,
depending on what you want,
Camber is when you take a frontal view of the car, when the wheel is straight up (no lean), shows the wheel has no camber. When the wheel is leaned in at the top toward the center of the car, it has negative camber. Therefore, when it leans out at the top, the wheel has positive camber.

the idea is to make the most contact patch with the road at all times that will give you the best traction,
and preformace.
so in laymens terms,
, if it apeeras your tire is leaning out at the top,
and you want to pull it in, you need to install the strut bar, and rotate the bar so you are PULLING the car CLOSER TOGETHER , then lock THE SAFTY NUTS, ,

if it apears that your tires at the top are leaning in, and you want to push them out,
compltetly install the strut bar on the struts,
then rotate the bar so it PUSHES the car APART , then tighten the look nuts.

there are true ways to make these adjustment, but this is a slight way to do it and change the handeling a very small bit.
good luck, "

For the reading challanged or lazy...basically he says you can use the strut brace as an easy install camber mod...

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Your opinions on this guy's write up. [View all] , 96Eclipsed, Nov-23-03 05:58 PM
  RE: Your opinions on this guy's write up., MCubed45, Nov-24-03 12:50 AM, #1
RE: Your opinions on this guy's write up., Amish_Eclipse, Nov-24-03 02:51 AM, #2
      RE: Your opinions on this guy's write up., 96Eclipsed, Nov-24-03 05:14 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21210 Previous topic | Next topic