Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2002
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?" Previous topic | Next topic
espilcEGSApr-29-01 05:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2007, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to In response to 4

I agree with you klipzracer. I have been working on aircraft for 8 years and it does dent just the same. The only difference is in what's used. If you use T6 aluminum it is almost as strong but, weights a lot less than the same sized piece of steel. Most of the strut bar makers out there only use the "same as used on aircraft" to make you think you are getting the best so they can bump up the prices. Also a lot of manufactures sell the hollow strut bars and say it is to save weight. How is 1 whole pound going to make a difference. It will though when it flexes and that sucks. Think about it. If you have a 1 inch hollow and 1 inch solid bar. Which is going to flex and or brake first. I have seen on many boards where people say all strut bars work the same and that is farthest from the truth.
Sorry i keep going on but, one last thing. Make sure you know how it mounts to the strut towers before you buy. The worst example that i have seen is made by pilot motorsports. The mount sets on the tower and then comes up, then goes over thru the trim panel, and back down. It looks like a C if you can picture it. It allows so much flex that the bar is just there for looks.

05 STi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Strut Bars....What kind should I get? [View all] , 95GST, Apr-25-01 11:27 AM
  RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, John99RS, Apr-26-01 03:45 AM, #1
RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, Apr-26-01 09:20 AM, #2
      RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, espilcEGS, Apr-28-01 08:34 AM, #3
           RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, klipzracer, Apr-29-01 02:55 AM, #4
                RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, espilcEGS, Apr-29-01 05:26 AM #5
                     RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, phrenzy, Apr-29-01 09:15 AM, #6
                          RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, Apr-29-01 09:27 AM, #7
                               RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, espilcEGS, Apr-29-01 11:03 PM, #8
                                    RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, Apr-30-01 09:43 AM, #9
                                         RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, madregal, May-01-01 04:17 PM, #10
                                              RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, HadesOmega, May-04-01 04:13 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, May-06-01 05:16 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, HadesOmega, May-07-01 05:44 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, May-19-01 11:05 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, eclipticrider, May-19-01 12:59 PM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2002 Previous topic | Next topic