Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2002
View in linear mode

Subject: "Strut Bars....What kind should I get?" Previous topic | Next topic
95GSTApr-25-01 11:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2002, "Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"

Im planning on getting front and rear strut bars, but not sure which ones to get. Does one brand vary soo much from the other, that you have to pay more for them. Its just a bar...Isn't it?

What do you think of these companys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=583051855&r=0&t=0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=583379601&r=0&t=0

Yes, its on EBay..Its cheap!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, John99RS, Apr-26-01 03:45 AM, #1
RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, Apr-26-01 09:20 AM, #2
      RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, espilcEGS, Apr-28-01 08:34 AM, #3
           RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, klipzracer, Apr-29-01 02:55 AM, #4
                RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, espilcEGS, Apr-29-01 05:26 AM, #5
                     RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, phrenzy, Apr-29-01 09:15 AM, #6
                          RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, Apr-29-01 09:27 AM, #7
                               RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, espilcEGS, Apr-29-01 11:03 PM, #8
                                    RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, Apr-30-01 09:43 AM, #9
                                         RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, madregal, May-01-01 04:17 PM, #10
                                              RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, HadesOmega, May-04-01 04:13 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, May-06-01 05:16 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, HadesOmega, May-07-01 05:44 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, 95GST, May-19-01 11:05 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?, eclipticrider, May-19-01 12:59 PM, #15

John99RSApr-26-01 03:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2003, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 0

They all serve the same purpose. I'd get whatever you like. They might make a few out there that are really good...like Eibach but then you are talking over $100.

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95GSTApr-26-01 09:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2004, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 1

Cool, thanks for the info!!!

espilcEGSApr-28-01 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#2005, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 2

They do all serve the same purpose but, they DO NOT all perform the same. The big difference is ridged and adjustable. The rigid bars are stronger and provide the biggest results. The only drawback is that they are harder to install. The adjustable bars are easier to install but provide less performance. I had a ridged bar in the back and changed it out with the adjustable. Let me tell you, i was very disappointed. The rigid bars may cost more but, are well worth the extra saving up time.

05 STi

klipzracerApr-29-01 02:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#2006, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 3

i don't know what all this $hit is about aircraft strength metal i hear all the time. i work on aircraft and have been for 2 years and all i can say is you can put a big a$$ dent in it as easy as any metal. i've seen a few guys dent the hell outta some planes pretty easily.

Chris
Project RS
Uncle Ben's Motorsports
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

espilcEGSApr-29-01 05:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#2007, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 4

I agree with you klipzracer. I have been working on aircraft for 8 years and it does dent just the same. The only difference is in what's used. If you use T6 aluminum it is almost as strong but, weights a lot less than the same sized piece of steel. Most of the strut bar makers out there only use the "same as used on aircraft" to make you think you are getting the best so they can bump up the prices. Also a lot of manufactures sell the hollow strut bars and say it is to save weight. How is 1 whole pound going to make a difference. It will though when it flexes and that sucks. Think about it. If you have a 1 inch hollow and 1 inch solid bar. Which is going to flex and or brake first. I have seen on many boards where people say all strut bars work the same and that is farthest from the truth.
Sorry i keep going on but, one last thing. Make sure you know how it mounts to the strut towers before you buy. The worst example that i have seen is made by pilot motorsports. The mount sets on the tower and then comes up, then goes over thru the trim panel, and back down. It looks like a C if you can picture it. It allows so much flex that the bar is just there for looks.

05 STi

phrenzyApr-29-01 09:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#2008, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 5

Actually, for lateral and axial strength a hollow bar provides greater rigidity. A solid bar suffers from lateral flex, however; it depends on the shape and design of both.

'99 Eclipse GS
HRC Stage 2 on the way

http://www.rokitlabs.com/gsultra

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

95GSTApr-29-01 09:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#2009, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 6

Ok, now Im a little confused which one I shoudl get. Im not drag racing or anything, but I want something that will get me results and will handle really good at a good price
I suppose I want a "more bang for the buck" kind of thing.

So, what do you think of those Items in Ebay that I posted?

espilcEGSApr-29-01 11:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#2010, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 7

Sorry i didn't take a look at the ones on ebay first. If your wanting to get the most bang for the buck. The ones you showed on ebay look to be pretty good.

05 STi

95GSTApr-30-01 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#2011, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 8

Ok, I'll hold my breath and order some from EBay. What do I need to do to install them? I've heard that the car must be off the ground prior to installation.

madregalMay-01-01 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#2012, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 9

does anybody else think pilot sucks? i was gonna get it coz they say it doesnt interfere with the oil cap.

'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
NGK Plugs and Wires
AEM Short Stack
GS-T Exhaust
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake manifold
AFX underdrive pulley
Clear Side Marker Lites
Nokya Hyper whites bulbs
PIAA Fogs

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

HadesOmegaMay-04-01 04:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#2013, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 10

I have a Focuz Strut bar from Ebay and that shit is flimsy as hell, my cousin has a Cusco Strut bar and that is stiff! The RRE front tie is hecka stiff so yeah rigid is good.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

95GSTMay-06-01 05:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#2014, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 11

What do you guys think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=586447281&r=0&t=0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=586229618&r=0&t=0

HadesOmegaMay-07-01 05:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#2015, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 12

Hmm I have the bars from Hmotorsports, they're cheap but they get the job done, you'll wish you'd bought something better later on though, heh or you could do that double strut bar mod. Mine is similar except that it's by focuz and mine doesn't have those holes drilled in the back bar. I'm sure they're not top quality but they'll work.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

95GSTMay-19-01 11:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#2016, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 13

Thanks for the info guys!!!

eclipticriderMay-19-01 12:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#2017, "RE: Strut Bars....What kind should I get?"
In response to Reply # 14

is there any 1 here selling theirs for a reasonable price??

i want 2 buy some to, also i'm looking for a gs-t exhaust

can any one help??

i live in tampa florida.

oh and how do i put a picture in my post??

thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2002 Previous topic | Next topic