Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1545
View in linear mode

Subject: "I must be rough on my car..." Previous topic | Next topic
SkrillaApr-05-01 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1545, "I must be rough on my car..."

...because a couple of nights ago I thought my car was done for. I know exactly how it happened too.
Now maybe 1/4mile from my house I have this nice 7 mile long twisting road. Anyway I had finished working after a long day and my friend and I decide to test the limits of handling on my car. I was kinda excited because he had a digital camcorder and was recording it all. It was about 6:30 and night was approaching. I was coming through the canyon road hitting swooping corners at between 80-95 MPH and was in 3rd gear the whole way. So at a tight hairpin I was in a 4 wheel drift for about 15 feet (actually the skid marks were 15'). This was a right turn and I was bairly about to make the corner(but I di ). During this I heard this LOUD SNAP and my car jerk even quicker to the right. I steered quickly to the left in an attempt to control my car and must have done a complete 540(1.5 turns) to the left, facing the opposite direction. Needless to say my friends digital camcorder was laying on the ground about the 30' away completely destroyed (like 600 bucks down the drai ). That wasn't the only thing broken. I had snapped my bolt that held my Matrix front upper tie bar on as well as a stripping the bar itself. The metallic piece on the shock tower was also shot. Interesting I thought, but I stayed there for a couple minutes inspecting the rest of my car's suspension to make sure all was well.

Juan the FU STB actually work!

Anyway that's my story.

I am happy to say that Flossinpinoy is supplying me with another bar for a great price (and a very nice bar it is) along with SDEclipse with his front uppper Neuspeed(YEAH!).

I'll be the 2nd person with 2 front upper strut bar !

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I must be rough on my car... [View all] , Skrilla, Apr-05-01 05:21 AM
  RE: I must be rough on my car..., John99RS, Apr-05-01 05:30 AM, #1
RE: I must be rough on my car..., RyaN95i4, Apr-05-01 11:29 AM, #2
RE: I don't want to be left out., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-06-01 01:30 AM, #3
      Actually..., Skrilla, Apr-06-01 03:27 PM, #4
           RE: Actually..., Fast420A, Apr-08-01 12:57 AM, #5
                They told..., Skrilla, Apr-08-01 11:23 AM, #6
                     RRE will start shipping end of the week..., Teameclipse804, Apr-08-01 02:32 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1545 Previous topic | Next topic