Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1545
View in linear mode

Subject: "I must be rough on my car..." Previous topic | Next topic
SkrillaApr-05-01 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1545, "I must be rough on my car..."

...because a couple of nights ago I thought my car was done for. I know exactly how it happened too.
Now maybe 1/4mile from my house I have this nice 7 mile long twisting road. Anyway I had finished working after a long day and my friend and I decide to test the limits of handling on my car. I was kinda excited because he had a digital camcorder and was recording it all. It was about 6:30 and night was approaching. I was coming through the canyon road hitting swooping corners at between 80-95 MPH and was in 3rd gear the whole way. So at a tight hairpin I was in a 4 wheel drift for about 15 feet (actually the skid marks were 15'). This was a right turn and I was bairly about to make the corner(but I di ). During this I heard this LOUD SNAP and my car jerk even quicker to the right. I steered quickly to the left in an attempt to control my car and must have done a complete 540(1.5 turns) to the left, facing the opposite direction. Needless to say my friends digital camcorder was laying on the ground about the 30' away completely destroyed (like 600 bucks down the drai ). That wasn't the only thing broken. I had snapped my bolt that held my Matrix front upper tie bar on as well as a stripping the bar itself. The metallic piece on the shock tower was also shot. Interesting I thought, but I stayed there for a couple minutes inspecting the rest of my car's suspension to make sure all was well.

Juan the FU STB actually work!

Anyway that's my story.

I am happy to say that Flossinpinoy is supplying me with another bar for a great price (and a very nice bar it is) along with SDEclipse with his front uppper Neuspeed(YEAH!).

I'll be the 2nd person with 2 front upper strut bar !

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I must be rough on my car..., John99RS, Apr-05-01 05:30 AM, #1
RE: I must be rough on my car..., RyaN95i4, Apr-05-01 11:29 AM, #2
RE: I don't want to be left out., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-06-01 01:30 AM, #3
      Actually..., Skrilla, Apr-06-01 03:27 PM, #4
           RE: Actually..., Fast420A, Apr-08-01 12:57 AM, #5
                They told..., Skrilla, Apr-08-01 11:23 AM, #6
                     RRE will start shipping end of the week..., Teameclipse804, Apr-08-01 02:32 PM, #7

John99RSApr-05-01 05:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1546, "RE: I must be rough on my car..."
In response to Reply # 0

Damn man....sweet story. No places like that around here to test mine. Oh well.

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RyaN95i4Apr-05-01 11:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1547, "RE: I must be rough on my car..."
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 05-Apr-01 AT 04:31 PM (PST)

daaammnn...took out the STB and a camera :/ must have been fun tho, hehe

i need a canyon run near me...closest i got is a cool S turn w/ a posted limit of 35...no one believes i can pull 90-95+ on the exit turn till they follow me though, hehe

btw, welcome to the 2 FU STB Club

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

TeamMichael_97RSApr-06-01 01:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1548, "RE: I don't want to be left out."
In response to Reply # 2

Where can I get a hold of the second front strut tower brace??? I want one! Will complete my need for STBs and Tie Bars.

Damn Skrilla nice run... I need a few places like that around here. Highway and city traffic suck in the flat lands of Illinois. Ahh I love Chicago...

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

SkrillaApr-06-01 03:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1549, "Actually..."
In response to Reply # 3

The Neuspeed isn't made anymore but I'm picking mine up from SD_Eclipse on Sunday, used. That's the number 2 bar I'm installing

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!

Fast420AApr-08-01 12:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#1550, "RE: Actually..."
In response to Reply # 4

You will really like the neuspeed bar, it makes a big difference on my car. All I need to complete my STB set-up is my front lower RRE bar. (WHEN ARE THEY GONNA SEND IT?!?!?!) Then I gotta get a rear sway bar and my camber kits installed. I love taking my car to it's limits on the tight twisting turns.

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

SkrillaApr-08-01 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1551, "They told..."
In response to Reply # 5

Juan and Myself they would start production next week. Anyway tomorrow I'll hassle them:)

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx

Teameclipse804Apr-08-01 02:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1552, "RRE will start shipping end of the week..."
In response to Reply # 6

Actually I talked to Mike yesterday and they said they should start shipping at the end of this week. They will first ship to past customers that already have verified info. Then they will ship to others that they first need to call and get credit card info or any other info from. So the earliest shipping will be by the coming weekend. They are almost all done, just need to be powdercoated...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1545 Previous topic | Next topic