Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13460
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDeanoDNov-18-02 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13464, "RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?"
In response to In response to 3

I have ridden/drove a fwd 2g car with rmdsm fwd sways. It had stock struts and springs also. You have to push the car hard on the skid pad or take off/on ramps fast enough where your tires are breaking loose to feel the push. The sways are good, do not change my meaning, they just cause more push in the corners than I like. It is fairly similar to a GS-T swaybar setup (18.5 front and 14.5 rear---actual measurements with a caliper), only stiffer overall. It is not more neutral with this setup, just less sway. Fine for the street, not good for autocross or extreme driving IMHO.

James did say he wanted it for a performance setup.

Intrax was suppose to make a setup for our cars, but they never released them....damn!

If you do decide on RMDSM, then with adjustable struts you can fix the understeer.

BTW: both swaybars come with the bars themselves and poly bushings/lube. If you already have a rear sway, then you are set.

I have also driven most every combo of factory setup you can have with the 19mm/18mm/16mm fronts and 13mm/15mm/18mm rears(factory numbers). Each one is actually .5 mm smaller than quoted.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

what are the best sway bars for our car? [View all] , jamesman, Nov-17-02 01:47 PM
  RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, TeamDeanoD, Nov-17-02 04:17 PM, #1
RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, jamesman, Nov-18-02 03:31 AM, #2
      RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, espilcEGS, Nov-18-02 08:49 AM, #3
           RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, TeamDeanoD, Nov-18-02 09:48 AM #4
                RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, espilcEGS, Nov-19-02 10:34 AM, #5
                     RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, TeamDeanoD, Nov-19-02 04:26 PM, #6
                          RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, The1Bill, Nov-19-02 06:28 PM, #7
                               RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, HadesOmega, Nov-21-02 08:26 PM, #8
                                    RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, jamesman, Nov-22-02 03:22 AM, #9
                                    RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, TeamDeanoD, Nov-24-02 12:37 PM, #10
                                         RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, HadesOmega, Nov-24-02 08:57 PM, #11
                                              RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, jamesman, Nov-30-02 06:37 AM, #12
                                    RE: what are the best sway bars for our car?, juggalo, Nov-30-02 09:45 AM, #13

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13460 Previous topic | Next topic