Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12017
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber" Previous topic | Next topic
SonicYanSep-12-02 07:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12027, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to In response to 8

>i had a few questions...first, i got my illuminas in my
>room, still waiting on my h&r oe sport springs(1 inch drop)
>What camber kit should i get? Front and rear? And if i get
>it installed while doing my shocks/springs, will the
>alignment place know how to adjust a camber kit? Lastly,
>since the car is lowered, does that mean that the factory
>settings for alignment dont apply? Thanks!

If its about a 1 inch drop, I don't think u really need a camber kit. Worst case scenario is do the $15 rear camber mod. Its on one of the links around here. The front u don't have to do anything. I'm pretty sure about this since I've heard people that have prokits that didn't have to do any camber corrections. And that's with a 1.5 drop. If u say the sports drop u an inch, prolly u won't have any problems then.

Most alignment places would know how to do an alignment, if it were an adjustable one. I think the $15 one is more of a manual kinda thing, were u have to put on more washers till ur camber goes back to normal.

About the factory settings, that's what the alignment is always based on, the factory settings. They base how negative or positive ur camber is based on the factory settings, cuz these are the settings that have been tested to have less wear on ur tires. ( Or so they make us think ) Hope that helps.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

camber kit does not provide enough camber [View all] , xeraxes, Sep-09-02 02:54 PM
  RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, Ryan_RS, Sep-09-02 05:50 PM, #1
RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, ToTaLEkLyPz99, Sep-10-02 08:23 AM, #2
      RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, SonicYan, Sep-10-02 09:20 AM, #3
           RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, Stickman, Sep-10-02 12:27 PM, #4
           RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, xeraxes, Sep-10-02 03:06 PM, #5
                RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, jerseystyle1, Sep-10-02 04:20 PM, #6
                     RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, SonicYan, Sep-10-02 04:54 PM, #7
                          RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, BMPDirk, Sep-11-02 12:34 PM, #8
                               RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, xeraxes, Sep-12-02 03:35 PM, #9
                               RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, SonicYan, Sep-12-02 07:28 PM #10
                                    RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, BMPDirk, Sep-13-02 03:47 AM, #11
                                         RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, HadesOmega, Sep-13-02 07:24 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12017 Previous topic | Next topic