Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12017
View in linear mode

Subject: "camber kit does not provide enough camber" Previous topic | Next topic
xeraxesSep-09-02 02:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12017, "camber kit does not provide enough camber"

i put on the camber kit from RRE, but my wheels are still tilted inward. whats a good kit that people suggest? i have apex-i springs... 1.75" drop. any suggestions?

Jason
---------------------
99 White GS
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion
Apex-I S-AFC, Springs
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
Fully tied suspension

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, Ryan_RS, Sep-09-02 05:50 PM, #1
RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, ToTaLEkLyPz99, Sep-10-02 08:23 AM, #2
      RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, SonicYan, Sep-10-02 09:20 AM, #3
           RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, Stickman, Sep-10-02 12:27 PM, #4
           RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, xeraxes, Sep-10-02 03:06 PM, #5
                RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, jerseystyle1, Sep-10-02 04:20 PM, #6
                     RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, SonicYan, Sep-10-02 04:54 PM, #7
                          RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, BMPDirk, Sep-11-02 12:34 PM, #8
                               RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, xeraxes, Sep-12-02 03:35 PM, #9
                               RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, SonicYan, Sep-12-02 07:28 PM, #10
                                    RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, BMPDirk, Sep-13-02 03:47 AM, #11
                                         RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber, HadesOmega, Sep-13-02 07:24 AM, #12

Ryan_HesSep-09-02 05:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12018, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 0

Just a note, the rear wheels should still tilt just a tad, everyone's do. If the fronts tilt...that isn't right. Are you sure you got an alignment and they also corrected tow and such?

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ToTaLEkLyPz99Sep-10-02 08:23 AM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#12019, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the ingalls camber kit..its great i suggest getting it..lata

SonicYanSep-10-02 09:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#12020, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 2

Which kit did u get, front or rear? I got the front ones and they seem fine to me.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

StickmanSep-10-02 12:27 PM
Member since Aug 23rd 2002
151 posts,
#12021, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the kit that sprint makes and a 2" drop.The kit pulled the wheels back out to stock.

~Blake

xeraxesSep-10-02 03:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
#12022, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 3

its the rear kit.. my fronts are fine.. no camber at all... the rear still tilts in just enough to produce irregular wear on my tires.... yea, got an alignment too.

Jason
---------------------
99 White GS
Apex-I S-AFC, Springs
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
Fully tied suspension

jerseystyle1Sep-10-02 04:20 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#12023, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 5

Did they say if you rear alignment is off? I know that certain kits are only good for a certain amount of adjustment. My car is slammed so I needed the kit with up to 3 degrees of adjustment. My rear tires are still a little tilted, but they don't appear to be wearing oddly, yet.

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

SonicYanSep-10-02 04:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#12024, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 6

Hmmmm, yeah I think u got the wrong camber kit. RRE camber kits are good for the prokits, which are about only 1.5 drop. I only got the front ones for RRE, and I'm on sportlines, which is about a 2" drop. So far, my tires seem to wear out evenly. The rears tend to be affected more with a change in height, ie drop. U should get a different kit with at least 2-3 degrees of correction. I heard most ppl talk about the ingalls. I only have NAPA rear camber kits and so far, they work fine. They're like 40 bucks, that's what sd_eclipse told me. I had my car aligned, and the printout said I was still not withing stock range, but my tires are ok. Just have to rotate them every 3K miles. Plus driving aggresively like a madman makes use of negative camber, like what I'm doing. Anyway, hope that helps.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT

BMPDirkSep-11-02 12:34 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#12025, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 7

i had a few questions...first, i got my illuminas in my room, still waiting on my h&r oe sport springs(1 inch drop) What camber kit should i get? Front and rear? And if i get it installed while doing my shocks/springs, will the alignment place know how to adjust a camber kit? Lastly, since the car is lowered, does that mean that the factory settings for alignment dont apply? Thanks!

xeraxesSep-12-02 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
#12026, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 8

thanks SonicYan, i'll check out that ingalls kit...

Jason
---------------------
99 White GS
Apex-I S-AFC, Springs
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
Fully tied suspension

SonicYanSep-12-02 07:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#12027, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 8

>i had a few questions...first, i got my illuminas in my
>room, still waiting on my h&r oe sport springs(1 inch drop)
>What camber kit should i get? Front and rear? And if i get
>it installed while doing my shocks/springs, will the
>alignment place know how to adjust a camber kit? Lastly,
>since the car is lowered, does that mean that the factory
>settings for alignment dont apply? Thanks!

If its about a 1 inch drop, I don't think u really need a camber kit. Worst case scenario is do the $15 rear camber mod. Its on one of the links around here. The front u don't have to do anything. I'm pretty sure about this since I've heard people that have prokits that didn't have to do any camber corrections. And that's with a 1.5 drop. If u say the sports drop u an inch, prolly u won't have any problems then.

Most alignment places would know how to do an alignment, if it were an adjustable one. I think the $15 one is more of a manual kinda thing, were u have to put on more washers till ur camber goes back to normal.

About the factory settings, that's what the alignment is always based on, the factory settings. They base how negative or positive ur camber is based on the factory settings, cuz these are the settings that have been tested to have less wear on ur tires. ( Or so they make us think ) Hope that helps.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT

BMPDirkSep-13-02 03:47 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#12028, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 10

SonicYan, thanks alot for the help, i appreciate it!

HadesOmegaSep-13-02 07:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#12029, "RE: camber kit does not provide enough camber"
In response to Reply # 11

RRE camber kits suck ass you should get an ingalls or something with some adjustment. RRE kits are like the 15 dollar washer mod.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12017 Previous topic | Next topic