Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11741
View in linear mode

Subject: "Attempt at the GSX brake install" Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostAug-25-02 10:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11741, "Attempt at the GSX brake install"

So I got the calipers, the J-speed rotors and the Napa Ceramix pads and a bottle of synthetic brake fluid. So then I go to the GSX calipers and try to remove the caliper guide bolts from the bracket..no budge even with the impact gun!!..I go to the breaker bar and snap!..I twist the bolt off!..But check this out-not on the threads but on the smooth part. I did that to one of the two bolts on each caliper. Then damn thing was probably rusted shut in the bracket. I strip the other bolts..damit! So I go to the drill press and TRY to drill the SOB out- no success. I'm gonna go tommorrow to a machine shop and see if they can help me out. But I was so frustrated and disapointed today cuz I spent 6 hrs working for nothing - yall know how it is when you think it'll be just a wham. bam, thank-you mam and you get all these problems that lead to other problems. They looked so nice to - the rotors barely clear the dust shield and BTW the lines of the 95-99 GSX are the same as ours. Anyways - Hades, do you still got them brackets if things don't work out?

ALvin

96 RST

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/tir/gallery/SemperBoost
Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / Nology wires / Dual Gaugepod pillar mount / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch / B&M short shifter / Energy Suspension shifter bushings / 16" GSX Rims / Front/ Rear camberkits / Eibach Prokits / Tokico Blues/ Front Upper, Rear Upper/Lower strut bars / Rear GST sway bar
X-drilled rotors / Axxis pads / Stock GS/GST sideskirts /Color-matched center taillight/ door handles/ sideviews
Cleared Headlight turns/PIAA bulbs

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Attempt at the GSX brake install [View all] , Semperboost, Aug-25-02 10:49 AM
  RE: Attempt at the GSX brake install, HadesOmega, Aug-25-02 05:41 PM, #1
RE: Attempt at the GSX brake install, Semperboost, Aug-26-02 12:31 AM, #2
RE: Attempt at the GSX brake install, CBURNS28, Aug-26-02 04:12 AM, #3
RE: Update, Semperboost, Aug-27-02 09:48 AM, #4
      RE: Update, bedlam32570, Aug-27-02 03:07 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11741 Previous topic | Next topic