Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31343
View in linear mode

Subject: "Frozen e-brake?" Previous topic | Next topic
talonoobJun-08-08 03:52 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2008
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31343, "Frozen e-brake?"

I just picked up a 95 Talon ESI, and to my surprise it has rear disc brakes. I really didn't know that this model came with disc brakes in the rear. Anyways, i have a problem, the rear wheels are stuck. I took the wheel off on one side and took a sledge hammer to the brakes in hope of freeing it up. Don't worry, i know where to hit but no amount of tapping would free it up. I took the caliper off verifying that the pads weren't rusted to the rotor and the caliper was not seized. I had enough of working in the 100 degree heat so i quit before pulling the rotor off. Is it safe to assume that the e-brake pads are seized or something? When i pulled the e-brake handle up it felt like nothing was there. Could it be something more serious? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Frozen e-brake? [View all] , talonoob, Jun-08-08 03:52 PM
  RE: Frozen e-brake?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-09-08 02:22 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31343 Previous topic | Next topic