Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29050
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clunk from suspension... Long" Previous topic | Next topic
clips3kidMar-28-06 01:09 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29050, "Clunk from suspension... Long"

i get clunks, small ones, when i hit bumps that dont sound normal, however it is an 8 year old car and the suspension is most likely completely stock. This car also sat for a year and has somewhat squeaky suspension. Its possible that it may be a motor mount i suppose because i get some noise under acceleration when i first hit it, but also when i go down my curb into the street when the front hasnt even moved down it yett. I also have taken into consideration my exhaust could be rusted to bits and swaying back and forth due to a busted hanger.

Mitsubishi told me i have a partially bad "Compression arm" and that is to account for the noise... ive searched all over and there is nothing that i can find that really looks to be this "compression arm" they speak of.

I recently had the balljoints inspected by both NTB and Mitsubishi. NTB told me i had a bad balljoint and a bad tie rod, i took it to mitsubishi after that (for second inspection/opinion) and they said yep... bad tie rod, and a bad CV Joint boot, setting me back $400. (yeah...) They said that in the future i would also need to replace the compression arm.

Can someone tell me a different name perhaps for this compression arm? is it possibly my suspension they are speaking of?

also i am going to buy a tokico setup and drop it 1.5inches... The guy who will be helping me put it on in his shop told me to make sure i also buy the rubber piece that goes in the bottom of the area the strut connects to the car. Could someone please tell me the name of these and perhaps a place to buy them? i believe i saw someone else talking about them but because i do not know what they are exactly i figured id ask

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clunk from suspension... Long [View all] , clips3kid, Mar-28-06 01:09 PM
  RE: Clunk from suspension... Long, clips3kid, Mar-28-06 02:33 PM, #1
RE: Clunk from suspension... Long, turbo8u, Mar-28-06 02:35 PM, #2
RE: Clunk from suspension... Long, clips3kid, Mar-28-06 02:40 PM, #3
      RE: Clunk from suspension... Long, turbo8u, Mar-28-06 02:43 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29050 Previous topic | Next topic