Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20824
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiNov-03-03 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20878, "RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed"
In response to In response to 7

I just got brand new illumina's my rotors were warped before that. I was with the tech as we put the whole suspension into alignment (I have ingalls camber kits on front and back), and I saw that the wheels were zero balanced.

I'm thinking on getting some slotted brembo rotors from cox import on www.groupbuycenter.com, the "brembo" ones that are on my car right now are slotted and dimpled, and the dimples have ever so slight stress cracks here and there, so I'm pretty sure they are warped to shit (I even had them turned before).

Hopefully I can reuse my EBC greenstuff pads that are in their now.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed [View all] , WickedESi, Nov-01-03 12:47 PM
  RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, Clay, Nov-01-03 03:32 PM, #1
RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, TeamDeanoD, Nov-01-03 04:06 PM, #2
RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, WickedESi, Nov-01-03 10:32 PM, #3
      RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-02-03 12:11 AM, #4
           RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, WickedESi, Nov-02-03 07:39 AM, #5
           RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, bono316, Nov-02-03 11:14 AM, #6
                RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, emc, Nov-02-03 03:35 PM, #7
                     RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, WickedESi, Nov-03-03 09:22 AM #8
                          RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, a_miller_76, Nov-03-03 10:58 AM, #9
                               RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, WickedESi, Nov-04-03 08:41 AM, #10
                                    RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, LeakyMitsu, Nov-10-03 06:25 PM, #11
           RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, Ichiban, Nov-22-03 07:37 PM, #12
                RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, WickedESi, Nov-25-03 09:10 PM, #13
                     RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, hawaiidiverx, Nov-26-03 09:56 AM, #14
                          RE: Just got an alignment and wheel balance and car still shakes at speed, WickedESi, Nov-26-03 12:26 PM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20824 Previous topic | Next topic