Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #987
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Boost control option with squirt, a few Q's." Previous topic | Next topic
Teamner947Jun-20-05 11:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#990, "RE: Boost control option with squirt, a few Q's."
In response to In response to 0

If you need something quickly, I'd stick with a cheap manual boost controller, either a Hallman or a Joe P. It will provide just about the same funcunality as the expensive name brand electronic ones. The expensive ones are nice, but you will get ripped off unless you are able to get one for less than $150 or so. I've taken apart my old Blitz EVC (before it got stolen) and GReddy Profec B apart and I looked at all of the components and the thing is not worth nearly $419 (MachV) or $349 (Boostcontroller.com)

For the MS, I haven't really done anything at all with my setup since my car is down because my sister broke my passanger side motor mount (long story)

But if you have a MS, give the boost controlling code a try. Like anything else with the MS, you have to be very careful because with 1 screw up you can damage your engine.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Boost control option with squirt, a few Q's. [View all] , totaleklipse97, Jun-19-05 06:48 PM
  RE: Boost control option with squirt, a few Q's., Teamner947, Jun-20-05 11:53 AM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #987 Previous topic | Next topic