Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #642
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ignition system or megasquirt" Previous topic | Next topic
jimmy169Apr-12-05 07:09 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2003
331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#642, "Ignition system or megasquirt"

I tried to search this and my dumb ass just doesn't understand it. It seems megasquirt can control ignition but I am still not positive
if I need this or not:

Crane HI-6DI2 CD - $480
Screamin Demon coil 40,000 volts - $70

My stock ignition isn't cutting it, it seems most ppl go with this but since it cost $480 bux, can I get the megasquirt instead of the Crane or would I need the Crane system anyway even if I had the megasquirt to control ignition. I strongly apologize for such a newbie question and tried to search but my knowledge with all this is too short to understand...from what I read it seems megasquirt can control ignition but then why does it seem that everyone is still using the Crane ignition controller or w/e it is if the megasquirt is cheaper.

Bit and owned by boost bug!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ignition system or megasquirt [View all] , jimmy169, Apr-12-05 07:09 AM
  RE: Ignition system or megasquirt, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-12-05 02:55 PM, #1
RE: Ignition system or megasquirt, jimmy169, Apr-12-05 03:18 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #642 Previous topic | Next topic