Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #535
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Megasquirt questions?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMar-24-05 03:00 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#536, "RE: Megasquirt questions?"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by jayden1
Thanks to your guys info last week i went ahead an ordered the 25g turbo even though most of you think its to big of a turbo with out the right supporting mods. Know what i want to know is is this megasquirt user friendly? Cause i dont know a damn thing about tuning. My car always ran rich with the craptech. I've been reading and reading about megasuirt. I was going to go with the 8 injector setup cause it seems to be a little more user friendly. can i raise my rev limiter with mega squirt and where in the hell do i buy a preassembled one beside ebay? I also dont understand why alot of guys arent going standalone when you can buy one for under a grand now is the squirt that much better?

If you have the proper knowledge of how fuel injection works, and all the other tuning requirments that a "standalone" provide, then the MS will always be a better option than the 8 injector setup. As far as the MS being user friendly, I'd say yes, provided you have some understanding of how it all works. Having used the 8 injector setup, i will say that tuning that is a breeze, esp if you have a wideband o2 sensor setup. The only real downfall of the 8 injector setup is that you have to custom make your second fuel rail to fit the intake and all that..Not that's it really hard or anything, just something to condider.

If you are the type of person that can read something a few times, and fully understand it, then the MS would be a good choice. There will be(and already are) many people running the MS setup, and obtaining base tuning maps to start off with, will be very, very helpful. If you use the MS, yes, you can get rid of the rev limiter, and basically you can have complete control of all of your fuel(and now ignition timing). To get the most power out of a turbo setup, esp on our non turbo cars, the MS will be a GREAT advantage over any other type of fuel setup or piggy back fuel controller.

There are several places to get the MS, either in kit form, or fully assembled. Lee(MrSlick) builds the MS for full fuel and ignition control, and it comes preprogrammed with a base map and settings.

If you decide to go with the MS, just read, read, and read all you can, both on the MS website, and at the MS forums(www.msefi.com)

True commercial standalones like the AEM are great products, but also cost hella lot more. I had the pleasure to play around with the AEM EMS software, and all I can say is good lord...Look at the MS tuning software, and ah yes, thats more like it! Standalone's like the AEM are going to be "better" than the MS, but that thing has sooooo many features and options, we would never really take advantage of even half of them..Now with the MSII coming out, I believe it's all we ever really would need(unless you are a hardcore drag racer and looking into getting that last drop of power and every last feature)

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Megasquirt questions? [View all] , jayden1, Mar-24-05 02:39 PM
  RE: Megasquirt questions?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-24-05 03:00 PM #1
RE: Megasquirt questions?, baxsom, Mar-24-05 03:02 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #535 Previous topic | Next topic