Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4711
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors" Previous topic | Next topic
eggman1345Nov-10-09 12:57 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4713, "RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors"
In response to In response to 1

I have a 97 eagle talon, the FMU is mounted in the back right by the fuel tank, i simply have it hooked up and ran a vacuum line and teed off from the intake manifold same place i have my boost gauge.
I had a cheap FDC and then i got the one for $50 that has the 5 wire desing and it seems to make the studder or missfire as you say, pusle faster and did seem to help a bit as the other one was only a variable resistor and not a voltage cap.
Then i went out and got a missing link and threw that on there still it did the same exact thing but ran like crap at lower rpm, i think it was making the fuel mixture to rich as it would smoke a little at start up something it never does. The missing link has been pulled off because it did not make a difference but i still have it.

All i have as of now is an air/fuel gauge hooked up to the o2 i got it for free and all it does is bounce around i know these are not something to go by but it normaly reads highly rich most of the time.

I am running a 12:1 but im using stock injectors and a 190 fuel pump so if the pump only pushes out 80psi of fuel its not going to get enough fuel it would be flowing somewhere around a 300-350cc injector that is way to small for my car.
I have messed around with fuel calculators and come to find out i need at least a 450cc equivelent injector and the 370's i want to put in will supply enough fuel.
What do you think my missfire is due to. remember when i hit the gass about 50% it will boost about 6-8 psi and pull hard all the way up.

Im also currently working on contacting hahn to get the portfueler to save me the headache im so sick of working on this fuel problem and by the time i get it fixed im gonna have another $500 into it my as well spend a grand and know its going to work right.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors [View all] , eggman1345, Nov-10-09 02:03 AM
  RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors, justins71, Nov-10-09 12:05 PM, #1
RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors, eggman1345, Nov-10-09 12:57 PM #2
      RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors, VelocitaPaola, Nov-10-09 07:23 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4711 Previous topic | Next topic