Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4711
View in linear mode

Subject: "need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors" Previous topic | Next topic
eggman1345Nov-10-09 02:03 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4711, "need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors"

To start i will give you my list of mods i hope this helps and is not a waste of time.
I have a fully built 420a
stage 2 crower cams
medium port and polish job
1mm oversized valves
cp pistons
eagle rods
60mm modern performance throttle body
port matched intake manifold
car runs around a 10:1 compression

just recently i put on a .63 ar hot side t/3 t/4 turbo
i have basicly a stock fuel system
i have an FCD ( i know this is working correctly i have tried others) i have also tried to use in conjuntion with the FCD a missing link this just made the idle worse and i still had the fuel cut when hitting boost.
a 12:1 fmu to be safe for now until i get things working better
stock injectors
with a walbro 190 fuel pump
mostly 3" intercooler pipeing some 2" spots to keep the A/C and a front mount intercooler with 2.5" inlet and outlet.

I get fuel cut around 2-4 psi when i floor it basicly as soon as the turbo kicks in around 3200 it starts to pulse because i dont have enough fuel.
i can hit the gass about 50% and boost around 5-6 psi and go up the rpm's just fine and it pulls good.
I know this motor is breething good with all the mods done and needs a good fuel supply.

Im looking into getting 370cc rc injectors or some 340cc chepaer injectors. I have done the math using online calculators and i know these will supply enough fuel to run 8 on the street and 12 psi at the track.
I should be around the 250-300hp range Does that sound reasonable with the mods listed?. I was running 145whp before turbo and it was also an auto trans then i have switched to a manual tranny now.

my question is with my setup will the injectors be ok to put in with the stock ecu and no engine managment if so what ones would be best i would like to use the 370's if possible for piece of mind, i don't mind a little rich idle i just want it to be driveable on the street and idle half way decent.
Im not sure exacly how a fuel pressure regulator works but from what i understand it controls the idle fuel pressure ONLY correct me if im wrong would this be something i should get and will it affect my FMU in any way.
If its not possible or will run like complete crap and i wont be happy what should i do to work with what i got.
I have money but would like to spend the least amount possible just to get the car driveable for the time being until i pull the motor again next winter and upgrade to megasquirt........

Thank you in advance for anything you can help me out with as i am just now starting to learn about the fuel system.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors [View all] , eggman1345, Nov-10-09 02:03 AM
  RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors, justins71, Nov-10-09 12:05 PM, #1
RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors, eggman1345, Nov-10-09 12:57 PM, #2
      RE: need advice with upgrading my 420a injectors, VelocitaPaola, Nov-10-09 07:23 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4711 Previous topic | Next topic