Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4698
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE" Previous topic | Next topic
VelocitaPaolaNov-05-09 02:56 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4699, "RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
I'm helping a friend with his car at a race shop waiting to be tuned. They refused to tune it without spark control so here we are. I never hooked up spark control with the 2gnt before I sold it so i'm not 100% sure. He has a MS1 processor and the 2.2 board and it has been modded for spark control by SymTech. I want to be sure I have this correct. Pin 24 into the MS connects to the blue wire of the CrPS with a coax cable. Now out of the MS board we run s4(pin 31) to the input of the DIS2 for cyl 1&4, and S5 (pin 36) to the input of the DIS2 for cyl 2&3. The DIS2 outputs obviously run directly to the factory coil. Would this be correct?? Thanks in advance. I can always count on you guys for good information.

That pin assignment is for a SymTech-built v3.0 ECU. Other manufacturers may assign the spark outputs differently.

Since your ECU uses a v2.2 board, it's probably different. Version 2.2 boards usually output their spark signals on pins 25 ("X11") and 27 ("X12").

For both v2.2 and v3.0 boards, pin 24 is the appropriate pin to which to connect the signal from the crankshaft angle sensor.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE [View all] , MR BLUNT 2gnt, Nov-05-09 12:30 PM
  RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE, VelocitaPaola, Nov-05-09 02:56 PM #1
RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Nov-05-09 03:11 PM, #2
      RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE, VelocitaPaola, Nov-05-09 04:10 PM, #3
           RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE, Full_Race, Mar-06-10 11:17 AM, #4
                RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE, Moderatorteklein, Mar-08-10 02:52 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4698 Previous topic | Next topic