Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4698&mesg_id=4699
4699, RE: Need MSnS spark assistance ASAP PLEASE
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
I'm helping a friend with his car at a race shop waiting to be tuned. They refused to tune it without spark control so here we are. I never hooked up spark control with the 2gnt before I sold it so i'm not 100% sure. He has a MS1 processor and the 2.2 board and it has been modded for spark control by SymTech. I want to be sure I have this correct. Pin 24 into the MS connects to the blue wire of the CrPS with a coax cable. Now out of the MS board we run s4(pin 31) to the input of the DIS2 for cyl 1&4, and S5 (pin 36) to the input of the DIS2 for cyl 2&3. The DIS2 outputs obviously run directly to the factory coil. Would this be correct?? Thanks in advance. I can always count on you guys for good information.

That pin assignment is for a SymTech-built v3.0 ECU. Other manufacturers may assign the spark outputs differently.

Since your ECU uses a v2.2 board, it's probably different. Version 2.2 boards usually output their spark signals on pins 25 ("X11") and 27 ("X12").

For both v2.2 and v3.0 boards, pin 24 is the appropriate pin to which to connect the signal from the crankshaft angle sensor.
I generated this page in 0.0072088241577148 seconds, executing 6 queries.