Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4666
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinOct-08-09 05:28 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4670, "RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?"
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC i have a stick up my ass.
INTHEFACE! (I knew, as soon as I read this thread earlier today, that Mikey would make an appearance.) lulz Here's an interesting thought for everyone wanting a PnP MSnS: Buy the harness kit, make a PnP harness some Friday night when you're sitting at home with your thumbs up your asses, and then buy yourself an MSnS to plug into it. Conversely, the MSnS wiring schematics have been out there for years now. You all know you can see where the MS harness either taps in or replaces the line. That beat-ass Chilton's manual in the garage (or the Wiki here) has pin outs for pretty much every ECU ever in a 2GNT. Why not trace those lines from the MS schematic to the ECU connectors? Rather than sit around waiting for someone else who is obviously going to get burned severely by people reverse engineering his shit once it hits the market, think outside the box. Knowing what components the MSnS will be controlling, can you trace those leads to the ECU connectors, de-pin them, and run them to the d-sub on the MSnS, to utilize the factory harness? Beyond that, if you've got emissions testing in your county, how would you - PERSONALLY - work around this? Me? I'm thinking I'd figure out how to add the ECU connector pig tails to the factory harness. I'd pin my MS to the pig tails. When I ran MSnS, I'd plug the pig tail into the original harness in the car, then plug that extension into the ECU. Bingo. MSnS is using factory harness. When emissions time came, I'd remove the MS "harness" and plug the original connector in. Done deal. I think we're all plenty annoyed with people who come in expecting others to just give them the answers these days. Maybe we should be stepping up our game as vets and innovating. Just a thought.

You can get the ECU plugs from Flight Systems IIRC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

what ever happened to the PnP MSns? [View all] , Cyexmaster, Oct-08-09 10:11 AM
  RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, hazard_eclipse, Oct-08-09 02:43 PM, #1
RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-08-09 03:29 PM, #2
      RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, TeamDR1665, Oct-08-09 04:42 PM, #3
      RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Moderatorteklein, Oct-08-09 05:28 PM #4
      RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-08-09 05:59 PM, #5
           RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-08-09 06:36 PM, #6
           RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-08-09 09:02 PM, #7
           RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, 740 turbo brick, Oct-08-09 10:57 PM, #8
                RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-09-09 07:12 AM, #9
                     RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Cyexmaster, Oct-09-09 10:18 AM, #10
                          RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-09-09 12:56 PM, #11
                               RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Tuxdreamerx, Oct-09-09 02:51 PM, #12
                                    RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Cyexmaster, Oct-09-09 04:52 PM, #13
                                         RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, hazard_eclipse, Oct-09-09 07:48 PM, #14
                                              RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Tuxdreamerx, Oct-09-09 10:19 PM, #15
                                              RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-10-09 08:35 AM, #16
                                                   RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-10-09 10:20 AM, #17
                                                        RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, hazard_eclipse, Oct-10-09 11:50 AM, #18
                                                             RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-10-09 12:57 PM, #19
                                                             RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, ModeratorCorbin, Oct-10-09 01:26 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, adamzty, Oct-10-09 02:10 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, hazard_eclipse, Oct-11-09 07:17 PM, #23
RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, SymTech Labs, Oct-10-09 02:19 PM, #22
RE: what ever happened to the PnP MSns?, Flipboi89, Oct-12-09 08:43 AM, #24

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4666 Previous topic | Next topic