Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4330
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Just a precaution" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Feb-13-09 10:29 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4334, "RE: Just a precaution"
In response to In response to 3
Feb-13-09 10:30 PM by Warmage12

Okay, i see the points. I'm gona wait. I figure i can hold out and finish in the order i origionally decided. I just don't have the $211 to shell out to do a megasuirt unit yet and this was a good deal...
But...
on that note, is there any gains to be made with a megasquirt with my setup? I have most you basic bolt ons, intake, header, full exhaust, no cat, ARP head studs and i've gasket matched things. I saw a couple threads were 3-4hp was gained from an SAFC tune, and that's what made me really wonder.

I'm just wondering if i can gain anything from a MSNS tune hp or tq wise right now. And even more specifically if i level off the power band, cause of the stock cams, what kinda increases in track times am i looking at. Just some generlizations would be good. The reason is i've got a list going on the order i'm gona do things and i'm kinda sketchy about were to put the tune. Idk wether to put it before or after the head rebuild, ie cams, port polish etc. I figure before so i can make the most of each piece i add on, but that takes the money away from adding the ported head and cams, which will def add power. I'm just unsure as to what the best route is. The things before it are...
1. nitrous
2. v2 intake
...then i'm lost...
3. AMM ported head
4. Cams crane 16s ( i chose these for a tad better idle)
5. 60mm tb
6. intake manifold
....so on and so on. I'm just unsure were to put the tune. Before or after the head work...If i put it before, i gota tune it each time i add and that money adds up. I put it after, i lose the immediate benifit of the maximum power that each additional mod could provide.

i know i've created a couple of these threads asking generaly the same thing, but i promise its just cause i havn't goten certain answers. I'm trying to get the info i need to make sure i do this right. thanks, for your help. This will be a looong build so i am trying to get every ounce of power from my engine with every mod but at the same time i don't have the money to do things in the best order all the time. I need guidence...

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Just a precaution [View all] , Warmage12, Feb-13-09 09:40 AM
  RE: Just a precaution, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-13-09 05:20 PM, #1
RE: Just a precaution, djtrickee, Feb-13-09 05:24 PM, #2
RE: Just a precaution, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-13-09 07:18 PM, #3
      RE: Just a precaution, Warmage12, Feb-13-09 10:29 PM #4
           RE: Just a precaution, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-14-09 12:49 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4330 Previous topic | Next topic