Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4330
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just a precaution" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Feb-13-09 09:40 AM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4330, "Just a precaution"

I did a search and found a few answers to what i'm about to ask and i feel pretty good about it. I'm on a low budget build right now and i'm wondering about the SAFC. i just put in a rebuilt motor (done by me, and its my first) and i want to see how i did as far as numbers are concerned. I also put on a new exhaust and have done some gasket matching etc. THe motor already has proven itself a tad better than my last one and i really just wanna see how i did on numbers, better or worse. I also, since i'm paying for the dyno, wanna buy a SAFC, its a $100, and tune it at the same time. I've consulted one person and their oppinion was pretty straight forward and honest. I don't expect alot of hp outa a tune, non at all really. I just would like to see.

If i do buy it and don't get extra power i can always resell it. Thats the one thing i like about the SAFC. If it does work i keep it and buy the MSD or MSNS later on down the road to finish it, and maybe still sell the SAFC.

My bigget thing is will it actually work with no problems? I've worked hard to keep my check engine light off and i've done a really good job so far. SAFC doesn't produce a CEL and i'd like to keep it that way for now. So...will it work? The one concern i've heard raised so far is about the crank angle sensor and the SAFC having toruble reading it. Mines a late 95 with a 96 ECU.

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Just a precaution [View all] , Warmage12, Feb-13-09 09:40 AM
  RE: Just a precaution, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-13-09 05:20 PM, #1
RE: Just a precaution, djtrickee, Feb-13-09 05:24 PM, #2
RE: Just a precaution, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-13-09 07:18 PM, #3
      RE: Just a precaution, Warmage12, Feb-13-09 10:29 PM, #4
           RE: Just a precaution, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-14-09 12:49 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4330 Previous topic | Next topic