Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3077
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
VelocitaPaolaApr-08-07 07:40 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3115, "RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!"
In response to In response to 0

Wow... you just opened up a whole can of worms. One of the most annoying things about these cars is that the ECU pinouts differ from year to year. If you don't have the exact ECU for your car, you'll need to make a good plan-of-attack and solder each wire on the new ECU's harness to the corresponding wire on the old harness. Thankfully, the color coding didn't change much throughout the years, so it shouldn't be too bad.

As for whether or not you can run MSnS through your stock harness... yes and no. MS units aren't designed to withstand engine bay conditions. The heat, but more importantly, the moisture will affect it. You might be able to get away with filling the case with a potting material, but then you'd lose the ability to modify the board in the future.

Also, you would need to be fully prepared to run the unit as a complete standalone, which most people aren't ready to do. This means finding new power sources for all the sensors that require VREFs, controlling the alternator's voltage output, wiring various sensors to the dash, and controlling various auxillary systems (fans, A/C, etc.).

-http://www.symtechlabs.com/-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!! [View all] , blake, Mar-24-07 06:13 AM
  RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!, Slushbox, Mar-27-07 03:03 PM, #1
RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!, blake, Mar-28-07 02:33 PM, #2
      RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!, Slushbox, Mar-28-07 03:52 PM, #3
           RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!, blake, Mar-29-07 03:33 PM, #4
                RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!, Slushbox, Apr-03-07 03:16 PM, #5
RE: MSnS Newb....i am lost!!!!!, VelocitaPaola, Apr-08-07 07:40 PM #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3077 Previous topic | Next topic