Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3045
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: megasquirt issues" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMar-17-07 05:56 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3047, "RE: megasquirt issues"
In response to In response to 1

Who built your MS? To run fuel AND ignition with the MS on the 420A, the MS board has to be modded in order to run ignition control. Since we dont use the IAC feature, whoever modded the board may have run the spark outputs on those wires. I suggest to open the case up, and check it out. The two outer LED's on the front of the case, are your spark triggers. Inside you should see a wire going from each of these LED's to the DB37 traces somewhere. You need to "trace" the path of the board's traces from those wires, to see exactly where the spark output's are on the DB37 plug. Make sure you have the CRANK sensor signal wire going to the tach input to the MS, not the "tach" signal wire. Make sure you have "neon" set in the codebase functions, and only that set. This should be a starting point for you.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

megasquirt issues [View all] , ian_12, Mar-16-07 06:03 AM
  RE: megasquirt issues, mreigle, Mar-16-07 12:08 PM, #1
RE: megasquirt issues, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-17-07 05:56 AM #2
      RE: megasquirt issues, ian_12, Mar-29-07 05:27 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3045 Previous topic | Next topic