Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2956
View in linear mode

Subject: "Couple issues" Previous topic | Next topic
AggressionJan-29-07 04:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2956, "Couple issues"

OK well I just replaced my HI 440 injectors with LI 765 injectors I purchased from dougie2 as well as changed these 2 settings in my constance:

I set: PWM Time Threshold: to 1.0 msec
I set: PWM Current Limit: 30% instead of 75% due to the flyback board my friend installed.

I fired the car up and my FP dropped from 43 to about 30 as it was dumping massive amounts of fuel and running UTLRA rich. dougie2 told me that even though these injectors were LI, I did not need a flyback board. I wasn't going to run one, but my friend who knows more then I do when it comes to things of this nature, said I would be better off to run one.

So I bought one from DIY and he installed it for me. Were getting all set to fire the car up and I was reading in the mega manual that if your running the flyback you should set the PWM Current Limit: 30% instead of 75%. So we set it to 30% and fire it up and a tidle wave of fuel gets poured in...then the car would not start after we shut it down and tried to fire it back up.

I wonder if I should just set it to 75% instead...or what do you think might be causing my car to just have these injectors at wide open? I mean its like the car still thinks they are high imped.

2 more quick questions:

1. Does anyone happen to know the correct setting for the "EGO switchpoint" for an LC1 WBO2?

2. I tried using a different laptop I have and went and puchased a serial to USB cable to be able to use it. Well I tried changing the com port in my megasquirt.cfg file like it says to, but everytime I test it in settings it acts like it isn't there. Also my laptop kept giving me a pop up wizard saying I needed a driver for that cable input and then it said it could not find one to install.

So my question is has anyone ever run into this issue and how did you resolve it?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Couple issues [View all] , Aggression, Jan-29-07 04:34 AM
  RE: Couple issues, Aggression, Jan-30-07 05:27 AM, #1
RE: Couple issues, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-30-07 11:43 AM, #2
      RE: Couple issues, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-30-07 12:02 PM, #3
           RE: Couple issues, Aggression, Jan-31-07 01:52 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2956 Previous topic | Next topic