Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1915
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS and FPR/FMU" Previous topic | Next topic
evotunedsccMar-26-06 06:49 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2004
83 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1915, "MS and FPR/FMU"
Mar-27-06 02:34 PM by evotunedscc

Ok I know that since I'm going with MS I have to ditch my 4:1 FMU for Aeromotive 1:1 FPR. I'm a bit confused here tho. It looks like both of these units install exactly the same. What bothers me is my Holley 4:1 is an FMU and Aeromotive is FPR so at this point I thought I understood the difference between the two but apparently I dont. My understanding was that FMU raises fuel pressure for boost (which seems to be the case with the aeromotive as well) and the FPR maintains pressure between the rail.

One more thing.... it's taken me a year to figure out that my FMU has failed and caused my car to lean out when it goes into boost. For the longest time my only fuel system mods after turbo was a 255lph Walbro fuel pump and the Holley 4:1 FMU. Any ideas on what could have caused the FMU to malfunction and stop working? Just a bad part?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MS and FPR/FMU [View all] , evotunedscc, Mar-26-06 06:49 PM
  RE: MS and FPR/FMU, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-28-06 05:35 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1915 Previous topic | Next topic