Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1896
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS Issues" Previous topic | Next topic
KBallistiksMar-22-06 08:03 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1896, "MS Issues"
Mar-22-06 08:05 PM by KBallistiks

I'm having problems getting the car to start. I've had my ms for a while now, but just got the confidence to install it. I've been playing with megatune for quite awhile. I kept reading about how you can only learn so much and then you needed to experience it, lol. Well, I thought I was to that point, I mean I've had this for like 7-8 months.

~It's a Version 2.2 board. I'm running 450cc DSM injectors, Aeromotive fpr, Megatune 2.25, only running fuel.
~I have my req fuel at 7.4 top and bottom, inj characteristics all at default, inj controls: speed density, 2 injs per cycle, alternating, 4stroke, 4 cyl, port, 4 inj, 250 kpa, and even fire.
~Cranking pulse 2.0, pulse @-40 6.5, @170 1.7.

My problem seems to be with the tach signal. I have it wired to b32 for the crank sensor(I get a tach signal on the MS. Also all connections are soldered), but when it is wired it also kills my spark. If I take it off and hook up the factory ecu to my injectors, I get spark and the car runs. I know the tach signal has to be connected to b32 but I tried the tach signal wire anyway but MS doesn't read rpms and my factory tach dies.I thought it was grounding out so I wired a new wire all the back to the MS. No luck either way.

Looking for some help, fellas. If you need more info, just let me know. I promise you I searched a heck of a lot, I didn't want to get flamed, lol nor look like a fool, but I think it's time for others insight, positive or otherwise, Thanks Guys and sorry for the long post.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MS Issues [View all] , KBallistiks, Mar-22-06 08:03 PM
  RE: MS Issues, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-23-06 02:54 AM, #1
RE: MS Issues, KBallistiks, Mar-23-06 07:04 AM, #2
      RE: MS Issues, KBallistiks, Mar-23-06 08:50 AM, #3
           RE: MS Issues, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-23-06 06:59 PM, #4
                RE: MS Issues, KBallistiks, Mar-23-06 10:01 PM, #5
                     RE: MS Issues, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-26-06 05:02 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1896 Previous topic | Next topic