Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1641
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Megasquirt components, what all should I get?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Nov-22-05 11:49 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1643, "RE: Megasquirt components, what all should I get?"
In response to In response to 0
Nov-22-05 11:52 AM by MCubed45

it would be cheaper if you built it yourself. that's the whole reason the ms is supposed to be so inexpensive. why do you have two wire kits? if you're using the relay board you just get the harness to go between the relay board and the MS. the regular wire kit is for people not using the relay board. if you don't use the relay board all your wiring from the engine bay goes straight to the MS. if you have a relay board, the relay board is hooked up to the MS via the cable and all your wiring terminates at the relay board in the engine bay.

if you want to save more money you could do without the relay board.

and i think it's pretty safe to say you'll get a couple CEL codes when using the MS... your ecu thinks it doesn't have any injectors.

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Megasquirt components, what all should I get? [View all] , xceler8, Nov-20-05 10:46 AM
  RE: Megasquirt components, what all should I get?, MCubed45, Nov-22-05 11:49 AM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1641 Previous topic | Next topic