Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMegasquirt components, what all should I get?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1641
1641, Megasquirt components, what all should I get?
Posted by xceler8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm looking at getting an MS version 3 within the next two weeks or so. I was on RS autosport and compiled a list of the things I'm going to need. Tell me what I'm missing that's going to be important.

MS v.3 modded for 420a
wire kit
injector plugs
coolant temp sensor
air intake sensor
relay board
wire kit for relay board
all of this is about 628 shipped

any of you guys know of a better place to buy it for possibly cheaper?
I sent them an email a few days ago but never heard back.
I know this was a commonly posted thing a while back, but a lot has changed since then and I had a hard time searching for current information.
I'm also going to pick up a new boost gauge and wide band o2, suggestions on that? I was planning on the Innovate motorsports.
Last question, what does the MS do to your emissions control. Will it trigger the Check engine as I think I'm due for an emission test this summer. My state they jst plug into the obdII.

Thanks in adance for all of your help.
1643, RE: Megasquirt components, what all should I get?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it would be cheaper if you built it yourself. that's the whole reason the ms is supposed to be so inexpensive. why do you have two wire kits? if you're using the relay board you just get the harness to go between the relay board and the MS. the regular wire kit is for people not using the relay board. if you don't use the relay board all your wiring from the engine bay goes straight to the MS. if you have a relay board, the relay board is hooked up to the MS via the cable and all your wiring terminates at the relay board in the engine bay.

if you want to save more money you could do without the relay board.

and i think it's pretty safe to say you'll get a couple CEL codes when using the MS... your ecu thinks it doesn't have any injectors.
I generated this page in 0.013864994049072 seconds, executing 7 queries.