Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1506
View in linear mode

Subject: "E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea" Previous topic | Next topic
neovbDec-13-04 02:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1506, "E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea"

I searched for a bit, but didnt really seem to find any relevant information. Im not sure if this belongs in the advanced discussion, and if it doesnt I apologize.

Anyways, right now Im basically running a stock motor with a custom turbo kit. I used the Hahn Super16G, and a Vortech FMU for raising fuel pressure during boost (stock injectors also). Right now its running at about 6-7psi, but I want to turn it up to 9psi. Im running the Greddy E-manage system, I have the advanced software, and both the injector and ignition harnesses. I also have a DIS-2 to control ignition (my goal soon is to try to incorporate the DIS-2 with the e-manage to provide full timing control). Ive been wanting to turn the boost up for a while, and really my only setback now is the lack of good fuel control. I have been looking into the 8-injector setup, but it seems a bit overkill for my application. Ive been thinking of a different setup.

I can easily set the FMU to a 1:1 rising rate. Im sure I can also use the E-manage to compensate for adding addition fuel during boost (using the E-manage boost sensor). This should take care of basic fueling during boost - but Im reluctant to run 9psi on stock injectors. The e-manage has the option to independently operate 2 additional injectors.... so, what if I plumbed two injectors into the intake piping (before the throttle body) and used the e-manage to control the two injectors to only turn on and provide fuel under boost? I can easily find two 235cc injectors, and the e-manage should be able to operate them.

I just want to know what you guys think about this. The only real problem I can forsee is possibly shooting fuel out of the BOV when it vents, but as I see it the e-manage should shut the injector off as soon as it sees vacuum. Idle and part throttle driving shouldnt be affected because the injectors would only be turned on during boost. Another question is the placement of the additional injectors - I would assume that placing them closest to the throttle body is probably the best idea, but I could be wrong.

To me this seems like a simple inexpensive method of providing additional fuel without having to replace all the injectors, or without resorting to the 8-injector setup (seeing as I already have all the necessary electronics). Any ideas, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope I didnt come of sounding like an idiot but its something Ive been wondering about for a while. Thanks for any help!

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea [View all] , neovb, Dec-13-04 02:29 PM
  RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-13-04 10:35 PM, #1
RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, Teametx, Dec-14-04 04:47 AM, #2
      RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-14-04 07:31 AM, #3
           RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, Teametx, Dec-14-04 09:27 AM, #4
                RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, neovb, Dec-14-04 10:13 AM, #5
                     RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, baxsom, Dec-31-04 02:56 PM, #6
                     RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, jsupetran, Dec-31-04 10:42 PM, #7
                          RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, neovb, Jan-02-05 11:14 AM, #8
                               RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, reliant_turbo, Jan-12-05 04:46 PM, #9
                               RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, HiOnPSI, Feb-16-05 06:29 PM, #12
                               RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, Scandelous, Jan-20-05 09:22 PM, #10
                                    RE: E-Manage and Secondary Injector idea, RST95eclipse, Feb-16-05 05:24 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1506 Previous topic | Next topic