Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1451
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost" Previous topic | Next topic
Venger_XOct-09-05 12:22 PM
Member since May 30th 2004
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1451, "MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost"

Ok, I'm getting real close to boosting my 420a, It's fully built with a Slowboyracing bottom end all forged with 8.8:1 comp, ARP head studs with a Cometic head gasket, Ported and polished head with bigger valves and stock cams for now(Crane 16's goning back in), Ported and polished intake manifold, 60mm TB, AFX Race ECU, Solid front motor mount, Rear mount with the poly insert, Southbend DXD-F clutch with the SS pressure plate, and a Phantom grip LSD.

Now when I boost it, it's a custom setup with a Garett GT28/71R with a decent front mount intercooler and it'll prolly have a intercooler spray bar. I'll prolly have it set a 15psi most the time maybe 20psi for the track. Now what I'm wondering is, or would this work. Install the Apexi SAFC for the fuel control, and install the programable MSD DIS-2 that has the Timing retard for boosted aplications. I know the AFX ECU advances the timing and down low thats good till boost hits but then you want to take that timing and pull it back out as boost increases. So do you guys think the Programable MSD DIS-2 with a SAFC could handle the GT28/71R at
15-20psi ? Any input on this would be greatly apreciated

Slowboy bottom end W/8.8:1 Comp, Ported Head W/1mm oversized Valves, Crane 16's, Fidanza cam gears, Crane springs and retainers, AFX ECU, 60mm TB, Ported intake manifold, MSD coil, 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust, Poly mounts, Posi diff, and Southbend DXD Clutch

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost [View all] , Venger_X, Oct-09-05 12:22 PM
  RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Venger_X, Oct-16-05 07:49 AM, #1
RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Chamuko, Oct-16-05 11:26 AM, #2
      RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Venger_X, Oct-18-05 04:28 PM, #3
           RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Chamuko, Oct-18-05 07:31 PM, #4
                RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-19-05 05:39 AM, #5
                     RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Venger_X, Oct-19-05 03:35 PM, #6
                          RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, RxR_Eclipse, Oct-20-05 07:44 AM, #7
                               RE: MSD DIS-2 with Apexi SAFC on boost, Venger_X, Oct-21-05 07:12 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1451 Previous topic | Next topic